If you're getting ready to put your home on the market, you might be trying to decide if you want to hire a real estate agent, or if you want to go it by yourself.
There are a lot of things that Real Estate Agents help with besides the showings. Here's a quick rundown of what an Agent can do you for!
- Prepare the Home - Real Estate Agents are like your best friends, only more honest. They know what buyers are looking for, so they know the exact things that you need to focus on, fix, or freshen up before your home gets listed. These might all be small things (taking some of your child's artwork down and packing it away) or they might be major items (remodel your master bathroom). These are suggestions for you to get top dollar on your home sale, but you're not required to do any of the items.
- Price the Home - Agents who know the market well, know exactly where to price your home to get it sold for the highest profit. While you might want to hear a higher price, Agents will be straightforward and tell you the accurate listing price, not just what you want to hear.
- Market the Home - Agents have buyers that are looking for specific items in a home, a network of other agents, and can market the heck out of your house! They will take beautiful photos, create the perfect wording to describe your home and they are also able to put your home on the MLS to help it get further out to buyers. Real Estate Agents will be better able to market your home, thus getting it sold faster.
- Communication - Not only do Agents let you know when there is an offer, but they also communicate to you during the entire selling process. Even if there isn't much to update, a good agent will keep in touch to answer all the questions you have.
- Closing - This is the scariest part for most sellers. You might not know all the terminology or items that you should be asking for, and that is where a Real Estate Agent comes in handy. They are well versed in the art of closing a deal. They will make sure you are protected and don't succumb to any requests that you aren't prepared to accept.
It doesn't matter if you're looking to sell tomorrow or a few years from now. Trust the agents at Robinson and Co. Realty. We are on your side through the entire process to make it easy for you. Call us when you're ready to get started (970) 858-9870.